With only 4 teams remaining in the NFL post-season, this weekend’s semi-finals will determine which 2 teams will play in Super Bowl LII on February 4th.
Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots
- The New England Patriots opened @ 6-1 to win Super Bowl LII
- The Jacksonville Jaguars opened @ 80-1 to win Super Bowl LII
- In last weekend’s AFC Divisional Championship versus the Tennessee Titans, New England quarterback Tom Brady completed 66% of his passes (35 of 53) for 337yards, 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.
- New England running backs Dion Lewis, Brandon Bolden and James White combined for 100 yards with Bolden and White finding the end zone.
- With two post-season wins, Jacksonville quarterback Blake Bortles has completed 53% of his passes (26 of 49) for 301 yards, 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. He has also been sacked twice.
- Jacksonville running back Leonard Fournette has carried the ball 46 times for 166 years and 3 touchdowns. He has yet to fumble the ball in the post-season.
- Winners of the AFC East, the New England Patriots (14-3,12-5 ATS) have played in the past six AFC Championships going 3-3 but are only (2-4 ATS) in those last six outings. The reigning Super Bowl Champions look to make it the third time in four seasons that they take home the Lamar Hunt Trophy.
- The AFC Wild Card winning Jacksonville Jaguars (12-6, 10-8 ATS) haven’t played in the AFC Championship since 1999, which they lost to the Tennessee Titans 33-14. Their only other AFC Championship appearance came in 1996, losing to the New England Patriots 20-6. The Jaguars failed to cover the spread in both of those loses.
- The Philadelphia Eagles opened @ 60-1 to win Super Bowl LII
- The Minnesota Vikings opened @ 25-1 to win Super Bowl LII
- In last weekend’s NFC Divisional Championship versus the Atlanta Falcons, Philadelphia quarterback Nick Foles completed 77% of his passes (23 of 30) for 246 yards. He was also sacked once.
- Philadelphia running backs Jay Ajayi and LeGarrette Blount ran for 73 yards with Blount scoring the only Jacksonville touchdown of the game. Kicker Jake Elliot went 3-0 with field goals of 53, 37 and 21 yards.
- In last weekend’s NFC Divisional Championship versus the New Orleans Saints , Minnesota quarterback Case Keenum completed 63% of his passes (25 of 40) for 318 years, 1 touchdown and 1 interception. He was also sacked twice.
- Minnesota running backs Latavius Murray and Jerick McKinnon combined for 84 yards on the ground and a touchdown a piece. Kicker Kai Forbath went 3-0 with field goals of 20, 49 and 53 yards.
- Winners of the NFC East, the Philadelphia Eagles (14-3, 11-6 ATS) remained atop the NFL for most of the season. The Eagles last competed for the George Halas Trophy in 2008, losing to the Arizona Cardinals 32-25. They last won the NFC Championship in 2004.
- Winners of the NFC North, the Minnesota Vikings (14-3, 11-6 ATS) last competed for the NFC Championship in 2009, losing to the New Orleans Saints 31-28. The last time they earned the right to play in the Super Bowl was 1976.