- La Liga: Athletic Bilbao v Atletico Madrid
- Carabao Cup: Leicester v Liverpool
- Premier League: Newcastle v Stoke
- NFL: Denver Broncos v Dallas Cowboys
- Boxing: Golovkin v Alvarez
- Champions League: Spurs v Dortmund
- Champions League: Barcelona v Juventus
- NFL: Broncos v Chargers
- NFL: Lions v Cardinals
- Football: England v Slovakia
- Football: Greece v Belgium
- Football: Spain v Italy
- Football: Czech Republic v Germany
- Football: France v Netherlands
- Cricket: Sri Lanka v India
- Football: Liverpool v Arsenal
- Football: Manchester United v Leicester
- Football: Bournemouth v Manchester City
- Football: PSG v Saint-Etienne
- Football: Liverpool v Hoffenheim
- Football: Nice v Napoli
- Football: Manchester City v Everton
- Football: PSG v Toulouse
- Rugby Union: Australia v New Zealand
- Football: Swansea v Manchester United
- Cricket: England v West Indies
NFL: Explosive season opener as Lions take on Cardinals
The NFL returns for the new season and the Detroit Lions kick off by hosting the Arizona Cardinals this Sunday at Ford Field.
Lions star Matt Stafford just got huge deal and is one of a number of extremely talented wide receivers but, despite their brilliant throwing abilities, the team need to show that they are just as good when it comes to running the ball.
Running backs Ameer Abdullah and Theo Riddick need to step up and in order to make their side more well-rounded. Abdullah had an incredible college career but since being drafted he has struggled with injuries.
However, things are generally looking great for the Lions heading into this opening fixtures. They are still the only team since Reggie Bush in 2013 to have had a 100-yard rusher, which is an incredible stat in itself.
Jarrad Davis could certainly be a revelation this season. As a defensive player, who generally get less spotlight than offensive players, I think he has so far been underrated – especially when compared to the likes of Ruben Foster, Miles Garrett and Derek Burnett who are often the centre of attention.
But the left-back could really shine as a starter in the months to come, as well as in the role of anchor to the Lions defence that they have missed for so long. He definitely also has the potential to be a locker-room leader this season.
Cardinals’ John brown drafted really late as a wide-receiver and still needs to be evaluated after having a tumultuous time of late – he’s experienced multiple injuries, has had a cyst removed from his spine in off season as well as being diagnosed with sickle cell anaemia.
Things now look on the up for him and he could well cause some damage against a Lions secondary side this weekend – if he’s healthy he is surely a must-start player.
But I think the Lions are going to edge this one – back them to win at 2.09 with Sportsbet.io