- WCQ: Norway v Northern Island
- WCQ: Austria v Serbia
- WCQ: England v Slovenia
- WCQ: Turkey v Iceland
- WCQ: Scotland v Slovakia
- MLB: Arizona Diamondbacks v Colorado Rockies
- Champions League: PSG v Bayern Munich
- Champions League: Monaco v Porto
- NFL: Minnesota Vikings v Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- SPL: Rangers v Celtic
- Premier League: Leicester v Liverpool
- Ligue 1: Nice v Angers
- MLB: Toronto Blue Jays v Kansas City Royals
- La Liga: Athletic Bilbao v Atletico Madrid
- Carabao Cup: Leicester v Liverpool
- Premier League: Newcastle v Stoke
- NFL: Denver Broncos v Dallas Cowboys
- Boxing: Golovkin v Alvarez
- Champions League: Spurs v Dortmund
- Champions League: Barcelona v Juventus
- NFL: Broncos v Chargers
- NFL: Lions v Cardinals
- Football: England v Slovakia
- Football: Greece v Belgium
- Football: Spain v Italy
World Cup Qualifier: England to quash critics against Slovakia
England host Slovakia at London’s Wembley Stadium this evening, where they will be looking to silence the critics after last Friday’s game.
The Three Lions ran out 4-0 victors over Malta but the scoreline very much flattered an England side who were sluggish, uncreative and laboured in their approach to the game.
Harry Kane picked up half the goals for his side but a goalless first-half preceded three last-gasp goals to produce a score that doesn’t do justice to Malta’s organised and frustrating game plan.
The striker is a tempting 2.75 to score first tonight.
Now England face a Slovakia side who sit behind them in second spot who will look to do damage to England’s unbeaten record so far of five clean-sheet wins out of seven.
The two nations have met five times before, with England recording four victories and sharing the spoils on one occasion in a goalless draw.
Most recently, they met in the first round of this group stage which ended with England coming out as 1-0 winners.
Slovakia have the incentive of possibly topping the group, should they prevail tonight. But England’s home advantage and their desire to right the wrongs of their last outing should be enough to get them the win.
Back Gareth Southgate’s side to win at 1.36 with Sportsbet.io