There are several ways to buy cryptocurrencies:
- P2P (peer-to-peer) trading, where the buyer and the seller are matched 1:1 to make trade either online or offline.
- Swapping, where the buyer can exchange or swap their cryptocurrency for the one they want to purchase.
- Crypto exchange buy order, where the buyer places a buy order at a preferred price/rate in the exchange.
- Ramper service, where the buyer can use a creditor debit card to buy crypto.
For beginners, the most recommended way to get started in crypto is using a ramper service, which is well-guided and straightforward.
In many cases, crypto wallets have a ramper service integrated. You can find this option usually under the 'Buy' menu in your crypto wallet. Both Metamask and Exodus offer this option.
Usually, the process is as the following:
- Select the ramper service you want to use.
- Select the cryptocurrency you would like to buy.
- Insert the FIAT amount you want to spend.
- Provide your email address and verify your identity.
- Provide your card details.
- Confirm and complete the purchase.